Part-time Play Assistant/Bank Staff
We are seeking a fun and outgoing part time Play Assistant to join our busy village preschool team.
No previous qualifications are required; however, the right candidate is expected to come with a passion for inspiring young children and an understanding of their play and learning needs.
Reporting directly to the Preschool Leader and the Preschool Chair, you will work as part of a small professional team to deliver safe, high quality education and care for children aged 2-5. You will assist in the day to day running of the preschool, supporting the development of a stimulating and varied programme of activities, and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children.
The vacancy is currently for Thursday and Friday mornings, although this may increase over time. There will also be the opportunity to increase hours by covering for or supplementing our wider staff for sickness, absence, holidays and periods of temporary fluctuation in our child numbers.
- Some understanding of using the Early Years Foundation System (EYFS) and the ability to plan and implement a pre-school curriculum
- General understanding of child development, and of children's needs
- Confidence to liaise with parents and to encourage their involvement
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity
- Health and Safeguarding clearance for the role.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV along with the attached application form above to: email@example.com